Records Assistant – United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe
United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
July 25, 2019
About the Organisation
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the maintenance and development of electronic and manual tools used for the records keeping of staff files.
- Assisting in ensuring completeness of official status personnel files. Assisting in description and database updating activities as required. Performing initial actions to acquire updated materials and documents;
- Performing digitization functions, including scanning, creating digital objects and postings to designated repositories.
- Providing document delivery services as required; Providing administrative support for the unit as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Records Assistant job placement should hold a High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational certificate or Diploma in Records and/or Information Management, Library Sciences or related area is desirable.
- A minimum of four years of experience in library work, archives, information network administration, or related field is required.
- Previous experience in specific referencing, cataloguing, indexing, digitization, collection management, etc. is required.
- Experience working in an international organization is desirable.
- Experience in Personnel Administration is desirable.
- Technical knowledge: Proficiency in relevant computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and concentration skills
- Able to work in multicultural team
- Trustworthy with an eye for detail
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with the following documents:
- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here; This should be signed
- Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
- Latest performance evaluation reports / appraisals
The applicants with the completed documents are strongly encouraged to apply via e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number (check beginning of this advert) and Job Title to: [email protected]